The Council’s Strategic Plan 2018 – 21 sets out our priorities for the next three years.
These have been developed through consultation with our residents to determine the things that matter most to them.
Our priorities are:
- GROWTH: Ensuring all residents benefit from the growth of the borough
- RESPONSIBILITY: Encouraging everyone to do their bit to making our borough even better
- OPPORTUNITY: Promoting and improving Colchester and its environment
- WELLBEING: Making Colchester an even better place to live and supporting those who need most help
Click here to download the full plan.
The political make-up of the Council is:
- Conservative 25, (Group Leader - Councillor Darius Laws)
- Liberal Democrats 12 (Group Leader - Councillor Martin Goss)
- Labour 11 (Group Leader - Councillor Tim Young)
- The Highwoods Group 3 (Group Leader - Councillor Gerard Oxford)
The Council is currently run by a joint administration consisting of the Liberal Democrat Group, the Labour Group and the Highwoods Group. The Council Leader is Councillor Mark Cory.
In 2017 the Council decided to proceed with the establishment of a wholly-owned trading structure: Colchester Commercial (Holdings) Ltd, and has subsequently created three subsidiary organisations:
- Colchester Amphora Homes: our housing development subsidiary
- Amphora Energy Ltd: delivers sustainable, carbon-saving heating for local homes and businesses;
- Amphora Trading Ltd: runs the Council’s commercial services
These new organisations enable the Council to deliver services in a more flexible and entrepreneurial manner, increasing our revenue streams to help sustain our services with a range of commercial activity and significant capital ventures. The Council’s Chief Executive also acts as the MD of Colchester Commercial (Holdings) Ltd.
You can read the full business case paper by clicking here.
Click here to view our current Organisation Chart.